NeighborWorks America’s FY 2010 appropriation totals $233 million, and includes:
- A base budget of $133 million
- An additional $65 million to continue the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program, and
- An additional $35 million for capital grants to rehabilitate or finance the rehabilitation of affordable housing units.
This compares favorably to the FY 2009 appropriation which provided:
- A base budget of 131 million; and
- An Additional $50 million for the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling program
Particularly in the midst of the current economic/budgetary environment, the corporation’s FY 2010 appropriation is a real testament to the hard work of NeighborWorks America staff and the staff and boards of local NeighborWorks organizations across the country, making a difference in the lives of the families and communities they serve.